Re: [tise-devel] extended vowel rules

Dear Grisha,

Thanks for the update!

1/ There are still a few deadkeys (accent keys) on Kbd_DE which, when pressed immediately before an EWTS key (other than space), cause Tise to hang up, i.e.:

Circumflex accent (005E)

Grave accent (0060)

Acute accent (00B4)

2/ Tilde (007E) (which does not function as a deadkey or accent key on Kbd_DE) outputs a right square bracket (005D) but otherwise does no harm.

3/ Some keys on Kbd_DE output different Tibetan symbols than expected:

Apostrophe (0027) outputs 0F71 but not 0F60;

Slash (002F) outputs 0F11 but not 0F0D;

At sign (0040) outputs 0F88 but not 0F04;

Number sign (0023) outputs 0F22 but not 0F05.

4/ When associated with Kbd_US International, Tise (sometimes) hangs up after the apostrophe key has been pressed. This may have to do with the fact that apostrophe acts as a deadkey (for acute accent) in Kbd_US International.

5/ The CapsLock toggle switch sometimes causes problems with keyboards using CapsLock as you can no longer deactivate CapsLock state by pressing the CapsLock key once again.

6/ Starting Tise: Although Tise starts in EWTS mode, being able to start with Tibetan input still requires pressing Alt+Shift+9, or pressing one of the toggle keys twice, in order to activate the Tibetan keyboard. Wouldn't it be better to start Tise in default language mode and let the pop-up message say "Press CapsLock or Shift+Space to activate EWTS mode"? This would start EWTS plus Tibetan keyboard at once.

I will be glad to test Tise with some more European keyboards once the basic issues have been addressed. Good luck!

Best regards,

Peter