Re: [tise-devel] TISE works nicely with ExcelXP

Isn't there a way to turn off Excel's "prediction" feature (whatever it is called)???

- Chris

Linguasoft wrote:
Dear Grisha (et al),

Special congratulations for solving the issues that some other Tibetan
Unicode keyboards using Keyman had so far (e.g., my Tibetan Direct Input
keyboard):

When the first letter entered into an Excel spreadsheet cell needed to be
modified by the second keystroke, e.g. <sh> or <zh> (or t*, etc., for
Sanskritic letters, as per the convention adopted by my keyboard), this
resulted in weird output. I was told before that the first letter entered
into an Excel cell has the (by-)function of setting the focus to this cell
and therefore cannot be modified by subsequent input; this is apparently NOT
true since TISE manages this problem without any difficulty.

The only problem I encountered with Excel is that after one or two letters
entered into a new cell, Excel sometimes proposes longer strings that had
been typed before and that Excel "thinks" you may want to input. This can
create problems with combinations such as <sh> or <zh> but is a minor
annoyance compared to issues observed with Excel in other context (e.g.,
Tibetan 8-bit fonts).

Best regards,

Peter