From: tise-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tise-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gregory Mokhin
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 19:06
To: tise-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Christopher Walker; Daniel Muller
Subject: Re: [tise-devel] extended vowel rules

Here is v. 1.97 ( at http://byak.sinp.msu.ru/tise/ ):

Changes:

- I is handled same as A, O, U, E,
- retroflex i and I are typed as -i and -I
- tise.ini is gone - Tise now works with Windows registry
  (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tise). That reduced the size twice -
  tise.exe is only 56 KB now, and tiseuni.dll is 46 KB.
- important: layouts different from EN_US are supported

Readme is updated:

==========
4) (Optional) Choose non-English layout if you have a keyboard that
has different layout from US English.

Tise requires at least two keyboard layouts for its operation. Skip
this step if you have only two layouts, one of them being TiseEWTS.
Starting with version 1.97 multiple keyboard layouts are supported.
If you use more than two layouts, including TiseEWTS, it is possible
to choose a layout of your preference in Tise settings dialog.
Right-click "Kailash" tray icon and choose Settings from the drop-down
menu. In the first combo box TiseEWTS layout is shown. Don't change
this. In the second combo box choose one of the available layouts that
matches best your keyboard. Currently layouts other than US English
have not been tested extensively and may have some glitches.

For sure there will be bugs with non-US layouts (I don't have all
keyboards to test with, Peter please help with testing at least for
German).

Even so I think David it is time to give Tise to wider audience, maybe
with a warning that it has not been tested with non-US keyboards. Is
readme and info at http://byak.sinp.msu.ru/tise/ enough or would you
like anything else from me?

Regards,
Gregory