Re: [tise-devel] v. 1.99 is out

Christopher Fynn wrote:
> Linguasoft wrote:
>
>>4/ I wonder how other Tibetan symbols that haven't been assigned individual key positions
>>by EWTS are going to be inputted via Tise. My suggestion is to assign a pop-up selection
>>window function to backslash and/or another unused key that can be found on Kbd_US as well
>>as on all European & CJKV keyboards.
>

> Windows Charmap is pretty useful for this ....

There is also alt+numpad mechanism for typing Unicode symbols. With
NUMLOCK on it is possible to enter a Unicode symbol by pressing Alt
and entering a numerical value of a symbol with numpad keys. At least
with recent version of windows it should work almost everywhere.

A Tise pop-up window to enter a Unicode symbol will add little to
already existing standard mechanism.

> There are plenty of infrequent characters in the Windows ANSI set that
> are not usually *directly* accessible from US / Western European
> keyboards [ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â â â â Â â ] - and people are content to
> use  Windows Charmap or Word's "Insert Symbol for these. Why do *all*
> infrequent Tibetan characters need to be *directly* accessible from EWTS
> / TISE?

I'd rather not hard code any of non-EWTS symbols into Tise. If my time
allows, it will be better to provide customization options that will
allow to redefine keys to one's own taste.

Regards,
Gregory